Monday, May 3, 2010

This Blog

So I have had this blog for about 5 years. As you can see from my archive I have not been very diligent about posting. I guess I have never figured out what I want this blog to be. I know I want to write. I have been writing for as long as I have known how and been making up stories longer than that. I like to write stories and poems. I like to write my opinions. I even like to report news, I was on my high school newspaper. So with all these things I like to do, I never figured out which way to take my blog.

This year I put on my to do list that I would blog once a week, journal and pursue my artistic delights. So why not do all of that here?! The problem is, I never feel like I can completely express EVERYTHING I am feeling. Especially when it comes to my life and the people in it. I love that so many of my friends and family read my blog, via Facebook. But that also handicaps me a little when I want to vent about one of them. So what do I do, express and hope that everyone read my disclaimer, or edit and preserve everyone's feelings except my own.So using my blog as a journal of sorts is out.

What about pursuing my artistic delights. Writing, well I have HUGE anxiety about sharing what I write. I have only read one of my poems in front of people, ever in my whole life. I feel exposed and raw when I share my poetry, its like standing in front of a crowd naked. But there is an amazing poetry community in my town, that I would love to be a part of, so I guess I must learn to share. Alright so I will be sharing.........................my.............poems. GULP!

Now lets talk photography, well that I can do and do easily. For some reason I don't feel so exposed when I share my pictures. I still feel anxiety about whether or not they are good enough, but I suspect that most people do. At least that is what I tell myself. Ok so I can share my pictures.

I am going to share my opinions, I am going to participate in writing prompts and inspiration provided by my fellow bloggers. I follow some amazing women and they provide me with great inspiration.

Now I just have to do it.

No comments: