Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm a Toys R Us Kid!

I realized I was a grown up when I got pregnant with my son and no one told me I was too young. I was 25. When I was a kid I always said that I wanted to have my first child at 25 because I thought that was really old. But when I unexpectedly got pregnant I instantly thought "I'm too young for this". Then I realized I was the exact "really old" age I wanted to be when I was a kid.



Although having my son made me realize I really was an adult, it hasn't made me feel old. On the contrary I feel younger, I get to do all sorts of kid stuff again. I can finger paint, jump in puddles, go to story time, read "Where the Wild Things Are" over and over, and watch Disney Channel. Because of my son I now know the meaning of being a "Toys R Us Kid". I get to hang out in the toy aisle, see "children's movies", and go to to Chuck E. Cheese's without looking like a crazy person. I get to experience things through his eyes and remember how amazing the simple things are.



I now know I am an adult, but I am a parent and that means I get to have a second childhood and experience the world all over again through my son.

Eddie Swinging

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment...

I am so horrified and digusted with the current state of affairs...

I've already lost readers... but it had to be said...